1. Can I turn off the Powermesh logo on my devices?
Yes, go to settings in the Zimi app, select the device name, then toggle off “Turn LED off when idle”.
2. What is the Mesh & Go card used for?
If you have a Mesh & Go card in your home, all the Powermesh devices have been setup and are ready for you to use. Simply download Zimi from your favourite app store, then follow the instructions to scan the QR code and to take ownership of the network.
3. Can you play music on a Bluetooth speaker while using Zimi on my phone?
Yes you can. Using Zimi to control Powermesh devices doesn’t interrupt the use of Bluetooth audio speakers.
4. Can I access my Powermesh network when I'm away from home?
Yes, you can use the Zimi Cloud Connect with your home wifi network to access from anywhere in the world, via the Internet.
5. I have an old phone, will I be able to use Zimi?
This depends on the age of the Phone, please visit your favourite app store to see if Zimi is supported on your phone.
6. I am not an electrician, can I install a Powermesh Power Point or Dimmable Light Switch?
No, do not attempt to install the products yourself – it may result in serious injury or death. Only a licensed electrician can install these electrical wiring devices in a home.
7. Does Zimi work with the Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa or Apple HomeKit?
Yes you can voice control your Powermesh products using the Zimi Cloud Connect with the Google Assistant. At this stage we don’t offer support for Amazon Alexa or Apple HomeKit.
8. Can I change the colours of the LED Powermesh logo?
You can’t change the colour because the Powermesh LED logo is a status indicator. Each colour has a different meaning which is also used for troubleshooting.
9. How secure is my Powermesh network?
Powermesh is built on the proven reliability and security of Bluetooth standards. It is safe and secure plus each device is authenticated on the cloud when paired with Zimi.
10. Do I need a phone signal or data to control my devices with my phone?
No, once devices are paired with Zimi, you can control them directly with your phone/tablet using Bluetooth. To change your network settings or user access, an Internet connection is required.
11. What is the minimum iOS or Android version required for Zimi?
The Zimi app requires iOS 10 or Android 8 and above. For the best performance please always ensure your software is updated.
1. Can I control each Power Point socket separately?
Yes, each socket can be individually named and controlled, they are like 2 different devices.
2. Does the Power Point or Dimmable Light Switch fit inside a wall box?
Yes, typically they will fit. Please refer to the product data sheet for product dimensions.
3. What do the LED logo colours indicate?
The Powermesh LED logo indicates the device status. For the meaning of each colour, please visit www.zimi.life/support and choose ‘Powermesh Products’.
4. What is the standby power usage?
The standby power usage of Powermesh devices is less than <1 watt per hour.
1. Do you need a router or hub for Powermesh?
No, Powermesh devices communicate directly with your phone/tablet via Bluetooth. The optional Zimi Cloud Connect connects to your Wi-Fi to provide control anywhere in the world via the Internet.
2. What is the range of Powermesh devices?
The typical range of Bluetooth is 30 metres however every situation is different depending on your phone, obstructions, interference and environmental conditions. Powermesh is a ‘mesh’ network so all devices are talking to each other to repeat the signal. If you can control one Powermesh device, you can control all of them in the network.
If you install a Zimi Cloud Connect and connect to your Wi-Fi, you can control your Powermesh network anywhere in the world via the Internet.
3. What happens if there is a power outage?
Powermesh devices have automatic recovery from a power failure and are restored to their previous state, including any schedules that have been set.
4. How may schedules can I have per device?
You can store the following amount of schedules per Powermesh device:
Dimmable Light Switch = 16
Multi Purpose Switch = 8 for each button
Power Point = 16 for each side
5. Will automatic schedules happen without my phone?
Yes, schedules are stored directly on the Powermesh device and will run without Internet connectivity or your phone being within the Powermesh network.
6. What happens after a power outage?
Powermesh devices automatically recover after a power outage and schedules are not lost.
1. What is Mesh & Go?
Mesh & Go is a quick and secure way to transfer a complete Powermesh network and all the device settings to your customer. To use this feature, you must register your electrical license details in ‘My Account’ within Zimi.
2. My phone is taking a long time to pair a device, is this normal?
It may take up to 30 seconds to pair a Powermesh device with Zimi. If you’re having problems, please ensure your phone has bluetooth turned on and has the latest software installed.
To ensure your Internet connection via Wi-Fi isn’t causing problem, turn off your phone’s Wi-Fi and use your 3G/4G data.
If problems persist, try resetting your phone and the Powermesh device.
3. Can I install the the Dimmable Light switch without a neutral at the wall?
Yes, Powermesh Dimmable Light Switches can be installed with or without a neutral wire at the wall. For the best dimming performance, always use the neutral if available.
4. Can I re-use the Mesh & Go card?
Yes, Mesh & Go cards can be used multiple times. Once the network has been claimed from the card, it may be used again.
5. What happens when a home changes ownership?
You can do a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the device (under the cover) and pair as a new device. Alternatively the previous owner can add the new user to the network, whom could then remove the previous owner.
6. Can I have multiple Dimmable Light Switches control the same lights?
Yes, Powermesh dimmers support 1,2 and 3 way switching via a master / slave switch on the back of the unit. Once paired, the slave will become one with the master and control the lights in the same way. Please refer to the installation instructions for more detail.
7. How many Zimi users can connect to a Powermesh network at the same time?
For each Powermesh device on a network, the same number of Zimi users can be connected at the same time.
For example, a network with 3 devices can have up to 3 users controlling devices, at the same time.
Alternatively you could have several users control 1 device however not at the same time.
The maximum number of devices and users on the network at the same time is 64.
8. How many devices can be on a Powermesh network?
The maximum number of devices on a Powermesh network is 64. A phone or tablet counts as 1 device whilst controlling the network.
There is no limit on how many Powermesh networks can be created. It’s recommended to create different networks for different places, such as the home and office.